Here are our branch updates from this week. As always, if you would like any advice or support, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- Extra Closure Days (University of Leeds) – you will have received an email from the University yesterday to confirm that 3 extra closure days over the Christmas period have been agreed, rounding the break up to a fortnight. At our Joint Committee with the University earlier this month, UNISON requested extra closure days at Christmas as a way for the University to acknowledge, and express its thanks, for all the extra work that staff have put in to keeping the place running since 23 March. We hope you enjoy the extended Christmas break!
- Online meetings – After the success of our last online members meeting (thank you to all who attended), we have dates and links for the meetings in November and December:
Tuesday 3 November, 12:30-1:30: 3 November Meeting Link
Tuesday 1 December, 12:30-1:30: 1 December Meeting Link
Please do come along if you are able to attend, the meetings are open to all members: remember to submit questions in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leeds Trinity meetings and new rep needed – we will also be holding Leeds Trinity members-only meetings, the dates of which are as follows:
Monday 2 November – 12:30-1pm: 2 November TRINITY Meeting Link
Monday 7 December – 12:30-1pm: 7 December TRINITY Meeting Link
Please come along if you are a member at Trinity for updates and to meet our Area Organiser, Sultan Mahmood. We are still looking to recruit a rep at Trinity, so if you are interested please let us know. Full training and branch mentorship is available to anyone who would like to become a rep.
- Brexit – We have received an update from the University regarding Brexit planning. At the moment, all HEIs are awaiting further guidance from the government on what processes will need to be updated and changed. We are aware that Admissions colleagues in particular will be feeling extra pressure regarding these changes, so we would like to reassure you that we are continuing to ask the questions around Brexit.
- Writing Course – further to our email earlier this week, if you would be interested in attending an online 4-week writing course and have not already contacted us, please log your name with us at email@example.com to join the list of attendees by 5pm, Tuesday 20 October. Further details of the course date/time will be sent out after this date.
Please do get in touch if you have any questions or require any advice, guidance or support at firstname.lastname@example.org