Here are our latest updates:
- International Workers’ Memorial Day, 28 April 2021 – We’re approaching International Workers’ Memorial Day, when we remember those people who’ve lost their lives at work. Although this year we won’t be able to attend the kind of event usually held on campus, please join the minute’s silence being held across the world at 11am on Wednesday, 28 April. Parkinson Building will also be lit up with a purple/blue colour that night. More ideas about how to mark the occasion, including ordering a special purple ribbon, are available on the TUC website and you can find the details here. The TUC are also holding a Zoom call on 28th April, 2-3pm, and you can register to join here.
- UNISON International Live – 27-29 April – UNISON members can sign up for a series of webinars for UNISON International Live from Tuesday, 27 April to Thursday, 29 April, all starting at 6pm. Full details of the webinars, including details of how to register can be found here.
- UNISON There For You – UNISON’s There For You charity is open all year round for members who are suffering financial hardship. If you need financial help, you can find further details of what may be available for you, including the Covid-19 Response Fund here.
- NEC Elections – UNISON’s National Executive Committee (NEC) elections take place from 4 – 27 May. You will receive a postal ballot to vote in these elections to the home address you have registered with UNISON. To check your address or make any changes, please login to or register with MyUnison to ensure your ballot papers are sent to the correct address. The Branch Committee voted for our nominations last month and we will be sharing the names and 100-word candidate statements (where these have been provided) for all our nominations next week in a special NEC weekly update.
- Raise the Roof Event – Join us on May Day, Saturday, 1 May, 2021, 11-12:30pm for “Raise the Roof“, UNISON’s virtual rally celebrating International Workers Day, hosted by Margaret McKee, Chair of UNISON’s International Committee and featuring speakers from ongoing organising campaigns across the world. More details can be found at the following link: https://facebook.com/events/4410288225670628
- LUU Rep – if you work at LUU, and you’d be interested in getting more involved with the branch and helping support members at LUU, please contact the Branch at email@example.com. Full training and support is provided and you would have a mentor to help you as well.