Here’s a round-up of our latest news:
- Pay Ballot: 2020 Pay Freeze – following the pay consultation ballot in November 2020, in which we reached over 50% turnout with an overwhelming majority voting to take action against the 2020 pay freeze, UNISON nationally asked branch committees to vote to decide if they wished to ballot their membership on taking action against the 2020 pay freeze offer. Our branch committee voted yes to a ballot of our members, so we will share further information with you shortly on when you can expect to receive your ballot paper. Please note, this ballot will be a postal ballot, so please do ensure your home address is up-to-date by logging into or registering with My UNISON. This is a disaggregated ballot: if our branch reaches 50% turnout then we can take action, we do not have to reach 50% nationally as in previous votes. This is our chance to show that we will not accept the 2020 pay “offer” of 0%, a pay cut in real terms.
- Free Lateral Flow Tests – you should be able to access free lateral flow tests on campus, but if you need to find where you can access a test closer to home, you can find the info here.
- Working From Home Tax Relief – we’re entering a new tax year, so if you wish to continue applying for tax relief as you are working from home, you will need to reapply through the HMRC. You can find the details of how to apply here.
- Online Member Meetings – here are the dates for our upcoming member meetings up to September 2021:
All Member Meetings – 18 May; 15 June; 13 July; 17 August; and, 14 September.
Trinity Member Meetings – 17 May; 14 June; 12 July; 16 August; and, 13 September.
Meeting links for these dates will be sent out closer to the date of each meeting. If you wish to submit questions before any of the meetings, you can do so by emailing email@example.com.
- Recruitment Campaign – during May 2021, if you recruit a member anywhere in the University of Leeds, Leeds University Union, Leeds Arts University or Leeds Trinity, you will receive £25 for each member and the new member will receive 3-months free membership! If you recruit someone, send both your names to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mental Health Awareness Week 10-16 May – Mental Health Awareness Week starts on 10 May and the branch will be sharing info and news across the week on our social media accounts and website. You can find further information on Mental Health Awareness Week 2021 here.