Please find below our updates from this week:
- NEC Elections 2021 – you should have now received your ballot papers for the NEC election. If you haven’t already completed them, we’d encourage you to do so – this is your chance to influence what your union focuses on over the next two years. We have sent out details of those candidates the Branch nominated and will be re-sending this info on Monday. If you haven’t received your postal ballot pack, please contact UNISON direct at 0800 0 857 857 to arrange for the papers to be sent to you. The ballot ends on 27 May, 2021.
- UNISON Education – UNISON Yorkshire & Humberside Region has a number of member learning opportunities available:
|Strategies for stress and looking after your well being (zoom)||20th May 10.30am – 11.30am||National ULF team|
|National Careers Session – 21st century job searching||26th May 10.30am – 11.30am||National Careers|
|National Careers Session – Experience Matters (45+)||10th June 1.00pm – 2.00pm||National Careers|
|Autism Session (Adjust)||15th June 10am – 11am||Adjust Services|
|National Careers Session – Interview skills||22nd June 10.30am – 11.30am||National Careers|
|Mindfulness taster||24th June 1.00pm – 2.00pm||UNISON|
|National Careers Session – Interview skills||29th June 10.30am – 11.30am (tbc)||National Careers|
|Neurodiversity Understood Session (Adjust)||8 July 10am – 11am||Adjust Services|
|Mindfulness taster||8 July 1.00pm – 2.00pm||UNISON|
|Assertiveness Online Workshop||8, 15, 22 July 6pm – 8pm (3 weeks x2hours)||WEA/UNISON|
|Dru Yoga taster||24 July 11.30am – 12.30pm||UNISON|
|Digital Champions||tbc||Digital Champions|
|YGAM Training (Young Gamblers & Gamers Education Trust)||2.5 hour session tbc||YGAM|
If you are interested in booking onto one of the courses, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Member Meetings – we have two online member meetings next week:
Trinity Members – Monday, 17 May 12:30 – 1pm Meeting Link
All Members – Tuesday, 18 May 12:30 – 1:30pm Meeting Link
If you would like to submit a question before the meeting, please email us at email@example.com. We hope to see you at the meetings!
- Recruitment – A reminder that May is recruitment month! If you recruit a member, you will receive £25 and the new member will get 3-months’ free subscription. You can recruit as many members as you like and receive the payment for each one. Let us know your name and the name of the new member you recruit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental Health Awareness Week – we hope you’ve seen our daily tweets and Facebook posts advertising Mental Health Awareness Week. One of our Equality Officers, Lucinda Walker, has put together a handy support guide as well: Mental Health Support Guide. This guide can also be found on our website and social media feeds.
- Long Covid Survey – the TUC is running a survey to find out the experience of workers who have had long Covid. The survey is open until Monday 17 May and you can complete it here.