Please find below our latest updates:
- Pay Consultation 2021 – a reminder that this year’s online pay offer consultation ends TODAY (Friday, 18 June) at 5pm. This is your pay offer for the year and the employers have offered 1.5%, which is yet another below-inflation pay rise you and your colleagues have been offered over the past 11 years. We are encouraging you to reject the offer – you and your colleagues deserve a decent pay rise to reflect the work and dedication you have shown over the years, including the incredible work you have undertaken over the last 16 months to keep the University open and running. If you have not yet voted, you can do so online here. Please take the time to vote and encourage your colleagues to vote as well, if they are members of UNISON, or ask them to join so they can have a say on their pay. Leeds Trinity University and Leeds Arts University members can also vote: please ensure your voice is heard on your pay and click the link above to vote.
- Tolpuddle Martyrs Event 16 – 18 July 2021 – the Tolpuddle Martyrs Festival will be held online again this year and there will be discussions, debates, radical history lessons, lots of music and all the best of the festival straight into your living room. Join the Tolpuddle Martyrs festival Facebook group for all the latest updates
- Transitional Ways of Working Document (UoL) – we are aware that managers are starting to talk to staff about the transition to moving back to campus working, where appropriate. Managers should be sharing the presentation with all staff, so if you haven’t seen sight of the presentation, ask your manager for a copy. Along with the other campus unions, we are continuing to consult with the University about the return to campus, but as yet, there are no specific dates which have been decided. If you have any concerns about what you’re hearing from your manager about your role, please do let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Domestic Abuse – if you are in need of support due to Domestic Abuse, the University have guidance which you can use and your branch can also support you. Our Branch website also has guidance you can use.
- Update Your Details – ahead of the industrial action ballot of 2020’s 0% pay freeze being posted out, please do take the time to check your address and other details are up-to-date on UNISON’s membership system. You can do this by registering or logging into My UNISON .
- Recruitment – following on from the success of our May recruitment event, we have decided to extend the offer through June and July as well! If you recruit a new member up to and including 31 July 2021, you will receive £25 and the new member will get their first 3-months of subscriptions refunded. You can recruit as many members as you like, just make sure to let us know who you’ve recruited by emailing email@example.com and we’ll do the rest! If you’ve recruited anyone since 1 June 2021, let us know.
As always, if you would like advice and support about a workplace issue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local rep or Branch Officer.