Please see our latest branch updates below:
- UNISON Strike ballot (UoL and LAU ONLY) – thanks to everyone who has voted and emailed to let us know. If you haven’t told us you’ve voted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re at the end of the second week of the ballot, which ends on 10 August. If you have not received your ballot papers, you can either contact us at email@example.com or contact UNISON for free on 0800 0857 857 to arrange a new ballot paper to be sent to you.
It’s vital that you use your vote in this ballot. All branches balloting have to have at least a 50% turnout of their members for the ballot to be legal. By voting YES to strike action, you are sending a clear signal to the employer that you will not accept a 0% pay “offer” and you deserve more. This will force the employer back to the negotiating table to make a fair and decent offer on pay for you and your colleagues.
- Member meeting dates – we have two upcoming member meetings next week. Please do come along to hear updates or talk to us about an issue at work.
TRINITY MEMBERS – Monday, 12 July 12:30 – 1pm Meeting Link
ALL MEMBERS’ MEETING – Tuesday, 13 July 12:30 – 1:30pm Meeting Link
We will be discussing the strike ballot at Tuesday’s meeting, so please come along if you have any questions. You can submit questions for either meeting in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed term Contracts – are you currently employed on a fixed term contract? Have you been on fixed-term contracts for 4 years or more? We and our sister unions on campus are in continued discussions with the University about fixed-term contracts and how they are used across the University. If you would like advice about your current fixed-term contract or you have any concerns, please get in touch at email@example.com
- UNISON There For You – School Uniform Grants – need help with school uniforms next academic year? UNISON’s There For You charity could help. To find further details about this grant and how to apply along with the other financial support There For You can offer, please click here
- Carryover of Annual Leave – the usual annual leave policy is still in place and has not been changed. This policy states that you can request carry over of leave into next annual leave year, of up to 5 days, to be used by 31 December 2021. If you are considering carrying over any leave this year and you have been told you cannot do so, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, if you would like advice and support about a workplace issue, please contact us at email@example.com or contact your local rep or Branch Officer.
Follow us at: