Here are the latest branch updates:
- Biggest HE branch – did you know that your Branch is now the largest HE Branch in the country? Thank you to everyone who has helped recruit new members over the last seven years.
- Strike Ballot (UoL and LAU only) – the strike ballot for the 0% pay offer is still running. If you haven’t already voted, please vote as soon as you can. In answer to a couple of common questions:
What if I haven’t received my ballot paper?
Call UNISON Direct on 0800 0 857 857.
They will verify your membership and contact CES to issue you with a replacement ballot paper.
The ballot hotline is open from 6 July to 12pm on 4 August
If you got your ballot papers but there was no pre-paid return envelope amongst them, either call the number above and get them reissued or send your completed ballot paper to the following address, marking it “UNISON HE Ballot”
Civica Election Services Ltd
The Election Centre
33 Clarendon Road
London N8 0NW
And then let us know you have voted: firstname.lastname@example.org
We need at least 50% of you to vote in this election – how you vote is up to you, but we need you to vote. A 0% pay offer is unacceptable after all the hard work you’ve done over the past year and a half, you need to show the employer that you’re not accepting 0% and the only way to do that is to vote and vote to strike.
Remember, the threat of strike is often enough to bring the employers back to the negotiating table. If we do strike, you and other members will have the chance to vote on setting up a strike fund from Branch monies that can help support all of you financially during any strike action we plan.
You deserve a fair pay deal. Vote now.
- Pay Offer 1.5% – this year’s 1.5% pay offer has been roundly rejected by HE Branches across the country. This is another strong message to the employers that you deserve better, fairer pay. A further two pay meetings with the employer are being planned in the coming months. We’ll keep you updated on developments on this pay offer.
- UNISON Equality Survey 2021 – UNISON is currently running an equality survey, which is open to all members and focuses on your experiences during the pandemic. The survey takes around 10 minutes to complete and all members who complete the survey will be entered into a prize draw for £100 of shopping vouchers. You can complete the survey here.
- UNISON Young Member’s Conference – are you under 27? If so, you are eligible to attend UNISON’s Young Members Conference. UNISON are planning to hold this conference in person on 3 – 5 December, 2021 in Cardiff. The Branch can request paid time off for you to attend and cover the costs of travel, accommodation and expenses. If you are interested in attending, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Workloads – we’re getting a number of emails about excessive workloads, especially within SES, from members across the campus. If you are struggling with your workload, have accrued a large number of flexi hours or your team is currently understaffed, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, if you would like advice and support about a workplace issue, please contact us at email@example.com or contact your local rep or Branch Officer.