We hope you enjoyed the extended Bank Holiday. Here are our updates for this week:
- New public Facebook page – we have launched a new public Facebook page open to members and non-members, to share our branch news, campaigns and more so that everyone can see the great work our branch is doing. This is different to our private Facebook page, which is for members only. You can find the new page here:
- 2021/22 Pay Offer 1.5% – a reminder that the pay offer for this year of 1.5% has been rejected by the membership across the UK. This offer is well below current inflation and would again be another below-inflation pay increase – a pay cut in real terms for the 11th year running. This follows the 0% “pay offer” from last year. Discussions are now underway on the next steps, but we will keep you updated as we receive further news.
- Return to Campus – if you are being asked to return to campus but you have an underlying health condition (or someone in your family does) or you are feeling anxious about returning, please speak to your line manager and/or a member of HR for support. A ‘return to campus’ questionnaire is available for you to complete. UNISON will also support you in these discussions, just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UNISON’s There For You Charity – with the colder months approaching, you may find your energy bills increasing, especially if you are still working from home. If you are in need of financial support, UNISON’s There For You charity could help with grants, one-off payments, budget planning advice and school uniform grants. You can find further details here.
- Education – our Branch Education Fund is still open, so if you fancy enrolling onto a new course this September, then you could be eligible for up to £350 of funding! All members are eligible to apply as long as the course is non-work related. To request an application form, or to discuss anything about the fund, please contact our Education Officers, Vicky McEnroe (email@example.com) and Caroline Shingles (firstname.lastname@example.org).
UNISON Yorkshire & Humber Region has also released its Autumn learning courses for members. You can find details of all the courses, including how to apply, here.
As always, if you would like advice and support about a workplace issue, please contact us at email@example.com or contact your local rep or Branch Officer.
Follow us at: