Here’s our weekly update. If you have any questions, please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Pay Consultation – The pay consultation, Thanks For Nothing, is in full swing and we are encouraging all members to vote. This year, the employer has offered all HE staff a 0% pay freeze – a pay cut when we consider how household bills continue to rise. We don’t believe that HE staff deserve a pay cut this year after all the hard work and dedication we have shown to keep our universities running. We all deserve a decent pay rise.
You should have received your online ballot by email last week, but if you have not received this, you can vote online by clicking the link above: scroll down about a third of the page, click on the purple ‘Vote Now’ button, you will need your membership number (email email@example.com if you don’t have it) or your surname, date of birth and national insurance number to verify your membership. Please let us know you’ve voted (not which way you voted) at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you don’t receive any contact from the Regional Office to ask if you’ve voted. Reps will be sending out individual reminders to members who have not yet voted.
We need to hit over 50% turnout for this ballot to push the employer back to the negotiating table, so please have your voice heard and vote now!
- Eye Tests – Please note that Bayfields, the opticians in LUU, is still booking examinations. If you usually use Bayfields you can either book your appointment with the LUU branch or at any other Bayfields branch to get a free eye test in line with the usual University policy. If you would be unable to attend a Bayfields appointment, you can request that the University pay for an eye test at another opticians closer to you, but this must be with prior agreement from the University. You can access a free eye test through the DSE assessment.
- Pay Day Change for end of the month – Due to the extra 3 closure days over the Christmas period, those of us who are paid at the end of the month will be paid on Friday, 18 December and then receive January’s pay on Friday, 29 January 2021 – a 6-week wait between pay days. If you have any concerns about your finances during this period, you can contact UNISON’s There For You charity for support and advice. Staff paid mid-month (16th) will continue to paid on the usual dates.
- FBS/SoM – if you work in FBS or SoM and would like to talk through your options regarding the voluntary redundancy scheme, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
- Leeds Trinity – we are still looking for a rep at Trinity. If you are interested, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Full training with paid time off is available and you would be allocated a mentor within the Branch as well. Having a local rep will help all members based at Trinity.
As always, please do get in touch with us if you need any advice or support at email@example.com or you can find further support and advice, including blog posts from our reps and officers, on our website.