Here is our weekly round-up of news. Please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need support or advice.
- Pay Consultation – this is your last chance to vote in the HE Pay consultation. HE staff have been offered a 0% pay freeze – a pay cut in real terms. We need to show the employer that we are worth more and to do that, we need to get over 50% turnout in this consultation. If you haven’t received an email to vote, you can vote online here: unison.org.uk/thanksfornothing. You have until Monday, 30 November to cast your vote.
- Member Meetings – we hope to see you at one of our upcoming member meetings in December:
Tuesday, 1 December 12:30-1:30pm – all members Meeting Link
Monday, 7 December 12:30-1pm ***TRINITY MEMBERS*** – Meeting Link
If you have any ideas for topics you would like us to cover in these meetings, or questions you’d like to submit in advance, please contact us at email@example.com . On Tuesday, 1 December, our Equalities Officers will be giving an update on what they’ve been working on over the last few months. We hope to see you there!
- Christmas Raffle Draw NEXT WEEK WEDNESDAY 2 DECEMBER – our Christmas Raffle is a bit different this year: all members will have one entry to the raffle as a thank you for your generous donations to Trussell Trust and Homeless Street Angels over the past couple of years. If you don’t want your name to be included in the raffle, please let us know by Monday, 30 November by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can, of course, make your own individual donations to a foodbank, either by donating food via a supermarket etc or by making a financial donation to a foodbank online. We will be holding the draw for the raffle online through Collaborate Ultra next week, on Wednesday, 2 December at 12 noon – come along if you’d like to attend the live draw! Prizes this year are Love2Shop vouchers: 10 x £10, 5 x £25, 4 x £50, 2 x £100 and 1 x £250. If you are one of our lucky winners, we will contact you for your details and order your voucher to be delivered to you.
- Caring responsibilities – if you are still struggling with caring responsibilities during this time, please get in contact with us at email@example.com – we understand that many children are being sent home from school repeatedly due to CV-19 cases and some caring services have not yet resumed. Managers should be working with all staff to ensure their workloads are not too high and to help support colleagues who are balancing caring responsibilities with work.
- M-Card Update – if you use an M-Card, you should have received an email update from Metro. The deadline to amend your card has been extended to 31 March, 2021. You can find more details here.
If you have any questions about these items or anything else, please get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org