Here are this week’s updates:
- EU, EEA & Swiss Citizens – if you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, the University should have contacted you in regards to your status in the UK after the Brexit deadline of 31 December, 2020. If you require any advice or support, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
- Pay Consultation – UNISON’s pay consultation ended on Monday, 30 November, so thank you to all of you who voted. We’re pleased to say that our branch reached a voter turnout of 55%, with an overwhelming majority voting to reject the 0% pay freeze. Leeds Arts University returned 60%, so we have the two highest voter turnouts in the region, amazing work considering that a lot of us are working from home. The results for the consultation are currently being discussed by the HE Service Group and we will keep you informed of the next steps.
- Branch Christmas Raffle – we held our live raffle draw on Collaborate Ultra on Wednesday, 2 December. This year, all members were given one entry into the draw as a thank you for their generous donations over the past couple of years to Trussell Trust and Homeless Street Angels. All the winners who were drawn on Wednesday have been contacted and should be receiving their prizes shortly.
- There For You Charity – if you are struggling financially at the moment, you can access support and advice from UNISON’s There For You charity, including support from a dedicated Covid-19 response fund.
- Recruitment – a reminder that we are running recruitment drives in Leeds University Union, Leeds Arts University and Leeds Trinity University: if you recruit a new member in these workplaces, you will receive £25 and new joiners in these workplaces, will be refunded 3 months of subs payments. This recruitment drive is running up to 1 February, 2021.
- Instagram – the branch have set up an Instagram Account, so you can follow us there as well as Twitter and Facebook and you can also access lots of support via our website. All of the links are below:
As always, if you need any support or advice, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.