Dear Member,

As campus will be closed to all but essential staff for a number of weeks and social distancing will likely still be utilised after this, we have taken the decision to cancel the upcoming sign language course we had scheduled to run this April. We are considering moving the course to January 2021, but will send out further details once the campus is re-opened. If you have already signed up for the course, you will stay on our list for the next one and we will email out to fill any remaining spaces we have.

Also, although the Education Fund is still open to members who would like to apply for funding for a non-work-related course, we will be unable to refund individuals for courses they have already paid for until a later date (this could be 3-4 months in the future). For courses which haven’t already been paid for, the branch may be able to pay the fees upfront, provided the institution can take credit card payments. Otherwise there will also be a delay on payment of course fees. Please note that if a course is due to start which we have already paid for / agreed to pay for, that is now cancelled and you have to sign up again, we’ll honour the initial decision to pay whenever you want to start the course.

Take care of yourselves, your families and friends.

In solidarity,

Branch Committee.