We’re approaching International Workers’ Memorial Day, when we remember those people who’ve lost their lives at work. Although this year we won’t be able to attend the kind of event usually held on campus, please join the minute’s silence being held across the world at 11am on Wednesday, 28 April.
Parkinson Building will also be lit up with a purple/blue colour that night. More ideas about how to mark the occasion, including ordering a special purple ribbon, are available on the TUC website.
To mark International Workers’ Memorial Day the TUC has produced some new resources to help union reps remind everyone why safety at work is so important. Here are 5 ways to get involved with #IWMD:
- Register for the TUC national zoom call with special guest speakers
- Check out the timeline of workplace tragedies and the fight for safer work
- Pay tribute to someone who lost their life to work in the online memorial
- Search for your local Memorial Day event or add your own
- Download posters and graphics to print off or share online
And you can find all the IWMD resources at: https://www.tuc.org.uk/wmd
For more information, visit: https://www.tuc.org.uk/how-you-can-take-part