We hope you and your loved ones are all keeping well. Here is this week’s update from us. If any of you have any feedback about these emails, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Furlough – Around 600 University of Leeds staff have been furloughed. A further 130 may be furloughed in the coming weeks. Any staff member being furloughed will receive a call from their manager to discuss and also receive a letter in the post. Anyone who is furloughed will receive 100% salary and pensions contributions and there is no change to T&Cs. If you have any questions or worries about being furloughed, please let us know.
- Annual Leave – The University is expecting staff to use this year’s annual leave entitlement as normal. Please remember, the carryover of 5 days leave to next year is not an automatic right, you must discuss this with your manager. If your request is reasonable and is turned down, please get in touch with your rep. If you have booked leave and are furloughed during this period, then you should still take these days of annual leave and they will come off your annual total; furloughed staff are not obliged to take leave during the furlough but you do need to be mindful of accruing more than you can take when you return to work, you are still accruing leave entitlement in the normal way during the furlough period. If you are ‘on leave’, you cannot be called in by managers, which could happen to staff on furlough.
- Campaign – Unison have started a new HE campaign to showcase the vital work our members undertake on campus. You can find more information on this campaign, including how you can get involved, here.
- Return to Campus – the University of Leeds are starting to discuss the return to campus for staff and all three campus trade unions are involved in these discussions. We will send out further information as we have it.
- Bank Holidays – for most of us, next Monday and Tuesday (25th & 26th May) are Bank Holidays. We hope you enjoy the long weekend!
- As always, if you have any questions or concerns about anything, please do get in touch with one of our reps or Officers. You can also keep up with the latest information on our social media: Website, Facebook, Twitter