We’re coming to the end of 15 weeks in lockdown and for the majority of us, working from home. Here are some updates from this week which may be of interest:
- Return to Campus (University of Leeds) – work is still ongoing on buildings to ensure they are fit for occupancy and TU Safety Reps have been on campus over the past week to walk around these areas with the university’s H&S team. Many staff are still on furlough, but some teams may have contact from their managers to request their return to campus in the coming weeks. Please remember that you should receive 5 days’ notice of any return. If you are continuing to work from home and are struggling, please contact your manager for support or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members outside of University of Leeds – if you do not work at UoL and have any questions or concerns about your current working arrangements or what may happen in the coming weeks and months, please do get in contact with us at email@example.com
- Unison ‘Don’t Fail Our Future’ Campaign – Unison’s new campaign to ensure that universities are properly funded has been running for the past few weeks. For more information about the campaign and how to get involved please click here
- Pay Update – discussions around this year’s pay award are still ongoing and the next meeting is scheduled for 7 July. To ensure you receive information, including any ballot paper, please login to MyUnison to update your details.
- There for You Charity – Unison’s charity, There For You, are offering financial support for any member who is struggling due to CV-19. The application process is simple and you can find further details here.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns about an issue in your workplace, you can get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting one of our reps directly.